måndag 12 april 2010

shapeable


Is what I want my life to be. Shapeable in the hands of the potter. How can the clay decide what it wants to become, or to be used for. The potter dreams and then chooses a piece of clay to carefully shape and smooth in his hands. Until that piece of clay is perfect and looks like he dreamed it would. Until it has become a vessel, and can be used as he wishes.
One thing I can do, that the clay cannot, is to place myself in those hands again and again. My prayer this morning is surrender, putting my life back into those strong and deciding hands, so that I can be shaped and used. Not as I want, but as He wants.
I am completely his.

Isaiah 64:8
Yet, O LORD, you are our Father. We are the clay, you are the potter; we are all the work of your hand.

2 Corinthians 4:7
But we have this treasure in jars of clay to show that this all-surpassing power is from God and not from us.

Inga kommentarer: