onsdag 12 augusti 2009

love to a thousand generations


I, the LORD your God, am a jealous God,
punishing the children for the sin of the fathers
to the third and fourth generation of those who hate me,
but showing love to a thousand generations '
of those who love me and keep my commandments.
Exodus 20

I have no idea what a thousand generations of my ancestors did when they lived. Maybe they were kings and royals, maybe God fearing, maybe sinners. They could have been fishers, preachers, farmers or beggars.
Maybe the fought in the streets for civil rights, maybe they were warriors giving their lives on the battle field or maybe the never fought for anything.

But I know the first and second generation before me loves God.

I know they have cried out to God pleading my case many times. I know they have carried me with their prayers through rough times. I know they found the patience to love me endlessly in their devotion to Jesus. Their prayers brought my heart to God and my rebellion to an end.

I am who I am because of their prayers.






With every person saved by faith in Jesus, who makes everything new and breaks every curse, starts a blessing that will last for generations.






Never stop praying for your family.









Inga kommentarer: